Developer Portfolio – WordPress Theme
Customizable tech-based WordPress portfolio theme for developers and designers to present their work on the web.
Built upon GTCoding’s video tutorial on freeCodeCamp.
Pro Version Coming Soon
- Color themes and preset swatch
- Change images, menus, and text/titles
- Custom social icons and links
- Gutenberg feature compatiable
- Projects, Contact and About pages
- Dynamic front page sections (hide if blank)
- High resolution and retina enabled
- International, ready to translate
- Mobile Device Responsive
1. Upload the theme files to the `/wp-content/themes/theme-name` directory, or install the theme through the WordPress themes screen directly.
2. Activate the theme through the “Appearance->Themes” screen in WordPress
3. Install & activate the “project post type” plugin to enable projects.
4. Import the demo data file that can be found here.
5. Change “portfolio_admin” email & password or delete the user after adding your projects.
6. Install & activate suggested plugin “Contact Form 7” and enter your email details into the form settings, then replace the shortcode on your Contact page.
7. (Pro Edition) Enter license key on WordPress settings page to activate updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I get with the “Pro Version”?
Easily change the footer copyright and text block/link in the Customizer settings and enable one-click automatic updates.
How do I import the demo data file?
1. Download the demo data file.
2. Log in to your site as an administrator.
3. Go to Tools: Import in the WordPress admin panel.
4. Install the “WordPress” importer from the list.
5. Activate & Run Importer.
6. Upload this file using the form provided on that page.
7. WordPress will then import each of the posts, pages, comments, categories, etc.
contained in this file into your site.
How do I setup Contact Form 7 for SMTP Server
If using SMTP for outgoing email, a suggested plugin is EASY WP SMTP.
Planned Future Updates
- All styles in page/post editor preview for admin section
- Edit all home page titles and amount of posts shown
- Icon picker for additional social link(s) and change order
- More animations and slideshow integration
- Custom top navigation bar colors
Licensed under GPL V2